- Efes Breweries International (EBI) is set up in Holland to conduct the group’s international beer operations.
- Production commences at the group’s plant in Ploiești, Romania’s newest and most modern brewery.
- A public offering of 48% of shares in Efes Sınai takes place on the İstanbul and London stock Exchanges.
- The group increases the number of its breweries in Turkey by purchasing the assets of the Toros brewery along with the “Marmara” brand name.
- Turkey’s only exclusive Coca-Cola bottler, Coca-Cola Bottlers of Turkey (CCBT), is set up. Combined with those held by other members of the Anadolu Group, Anadolu Efes’s stake in this company reaches 40%.