- CCİ acquires Mahmudiye natural spring water company in Turkey.
- All of Anadolu Efes’s soft drinks operations are reorganized and brought under the control of CCİ. This is followed by a merger of Efes Sınai into CCİ, the formalities of which are completed with the merger’s registration on 25 December 2006.
- CCİ shares are floated on the İstanbul Stock Exchange.
- Russia’s seventh biggest beermaker, the Krasny Vostok Brewing Group (KV Group), is acquired.
- EBI’s shares in a Romanian brewery being operated on a 50-50 joint venture basis with InBev SA (InBev) are sold to InBev